One book leads to another...

Monday, April 5, 2021

Communal Places - D

 


Communal Places for Literary Enthusiasts


D.  A rolling cart (for purchases) and an overnight bag (ha!) might be in order for a visit to the Dickson Street Bookshop in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The sheer volume of used and out-of-print books is a staggering delight for any reader. Setting aside ample time for browsing is highly recommended! The Doomsday Coffee & Roasterie is one of several nearby restaurants and is only a two-minute drive away.


 


Do you like to work or read in Coffee shop settings?

 

“There is no Frigate like a book to take us lands away” ~ Emily Dickinson


5 comments:

  1. Reading? No. I get too distracted.
    But I LOVE to write in them. Coffee shops and libraries work great for my creative process.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do all month.
    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side: 2021: The A to Z of Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for chiming in, Tim! I agree about distractions, though I've been known to read a book (at the track) during a NASCAR race ;-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diedre - I don't get stuck in a bookshop reading ... I get hooked to buy too easily. I'm amazed at the second-hand bookshops that are around ... we have one here - but it doesn't have a reading area - equally they're happy if you stand around!! All the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary!

      True, not many have reading areas. I don't mind reading while leaning against a wall of books ;-) I once read an entire chapter before buying a book, though I already knew I would buy it.

      Delete

Any thoughts? Join the conversation, comments welcome here!