One book leads to another...

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

IWSG June 2024

 


Welcome readers, writers, authors, and bloggers!

We're glad you're here! It's the First Wednesday of the month; when we celebrate IWSG Day in the form of a blog hop featuring members and guests of the Insecure Writer's Support GroupFounded by author Alex Cavanaugh (Thank you, Captain!) and fostered by like-minded associates, IWSG is a comfortable place to share views and literary news as we record our journeys. Check out the June newsletter here.

The awesome co-hosts for this month’s posting of the IWSG are:  Liza at Middle Passages, Shannon Lawrence, Melissa Maygrove, and Olga Godim!

 Today’s entirely optional question: In this constantly evolving industry, what kind of service do you think IWSG should consider offering to members?

Oh, I don’t know. In addition to tons of helpful tricks, tips, and references, and all the support a writer could wish for? Hmm… Snap! Coffee delivery and some dog treats – no treats for me, though. I’m trying to quit.

Chocolate puddles


 I should tell you right now; however, I’ll be a little slower with my responses this month as one of our (aforementioned dogs) girls has surgery tomorrow to remove the small growth that blossomed into the size of a small loaf of bread on her skinny little leg. Right, welcome to our little house of horrors. Kidding aside, she should be fine. Doc says this is normal (de mi.)

But I digress. Getting back to the question of the month, and not that I think our group is lacking in any way – it’s not, and I love this group! But how about a suggestion box? A monthly writing prompt? 

It’s Audiobook Appreciation Month! Who among us has published an audiobook?

Looking forward to reading your posts, fellow writers!

Happy June!

A grownup butt dials his childhood phone number.

Guess who answers?

(screencraft.org)


17 comments:

  1. I hope your dog's surgery goes well. A suggestion box or contact form to fill out with suggestions could be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Natalie! Surgery went better than expected, but it was a rough night. However, I do believe "we got this" :-)
      I love your suggestion regarding reviews!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Captain. Hopefully, she'll be back howling at coyotes before too long ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hope that surgery goes well and that your girl is up and eating treats soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee! Surgery went better than we hoped. They really weren't sure they could stitch her back up but everything worked out ;-)
      Whew! Now I can breathe and think again - ha! Funny how that works.

      Delete
  4. I have! I've published two audiobooks. They're historical fiction and called The Girl in the Triangle and The Girl From Saint Petersburg. I published them with Findaway Voices and worked with an incredible narrator. It was a fantastic experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic, Joyana! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip ;-)

      Delete
  5. Yes to latte and dog treat delivery here, too! lol. I hope your pups surgery goes well. Even with the clarity from the doctor, I know we all worry about our little editing/writing/coffee hour buddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Miffie. Thankfully, every hour is better than the one before as she heals. She keeps to herself of late, but usually she lays close enough to keep a paw on my foot in case I try to sneak away ;-) She's like my secret vote of confidence as I write.

      Delete
  6. Happy June, Diedre! I hope that your little doggie does well tomorrow. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Fundy Blue!
      I don't know why your comment came through via email but went to spam on blogspot. Hmm.
      Anyway, I pulled you out and dusted you off - Happy June to you as well, my friend!
      Surgery went better than expected so recovery should also be quicker than anticipated. Which is good ;-)

      Delete
  7. I hope your pup's surgery goes well! I have to figure out how to get some of my cat's urine this week for a test, and I'm not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! Well, at least you're not trying to give your cat a pill - yet. I was raised with cats (indoor/outdoor) and don't recall having to deal with the issue you're faced with. Of course, I was growing up at the time ;-) Did you know WebMD.com has a veterinary section? Best wishes for you and your cat.
      Thanks for co-hosting, too!

      Delete
  8. I hope all went well with your girl's surgery! ♥ Wishing her a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! Surgery did go well. Keeping her calm enough to heal has been a challenge, but that's why we call her Nitro ;-)

      Delete
    2. Labs will be labs! ☺ Glad to know the surgery was successful.

      Delete

Any thoughts? Join the conversation, comments welcome here!