One book leads to another...

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

A to Z Blogging - J

 



A to Z April (2022) Blogging Challenge

 

Hello, dear readers!

I’d like to thank you all in advance for stopping by, and I hope that at least a few on my list of remarkable buildings pique your interest as they did mine.

“Design is not a coincidence or a formula, it is a result of human reflection and vision in response to a specific challenge.” ~ Unknown

 

J

Jeddah Light


At 431 ft, this could credibly be the tallest lighthouse in the world. It serves as a port control tower and active lighthouse at the northern entrance to Jeddah Seaport in the Red Sea.

Although this is not at all what I think of when I hear the word “Lighthouse,” I imagine this one has no problem serving the purpose ;-)

Are you a fan of lighthouses? Is there a lighthouse in or near your city?

 


6 comments:

  1. Certainly an unusual looking lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems closer to the city than lighthouses usually are. Thanks to modern technology, ships don't need the lights as much as they need ports for guidance.
      I haven't seen another design quite like this.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A one of a kind design ;-) You can almost forget its also a lighthouse.

      Delete
  3. Hi Diedre - essential buildings ... I have a favourite in Cornwall - Godrevy, opposite St Ives, while one here is very well known - Beachy Head Lighthouse ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've researched Beachy Head and the "walk to save the stripes" - love it! I'll have to check out Godrevy.

      Delete

Any thoughts? Join the conversation, comments welcome here!