One book leads to another...

Saturday, April 16, 2022

A to Z Blogging Challenge - N

 

A to Z April (2022) Blogging Challenge

 

Hello, dear readers!

I’d like to thank you all in advance for stopping by, and I hope that at least a few on my list of remarkable buildings pique your interest as they did mine.

“Design is not a coincidence or a formula, it is a result of human reflection and vision in response to a specific challenge.” ~ Unknown

 

N

Niteroi Contemporary Art Museum

 


The futuristic design by renowned architect Oscar Niemeyer has become a landmark of modern architecture for the city of Niteroi in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Visitors can feast their eyes on the remarkable design and breathtaking 360 views of the Rio de Janeiro Harbor and still not have seen it all as yet another treasure lies within. The museum holds the honor of hosting the Joao Sattamini Collection, the second most extensive contemporary art collection in Brazil.

 

 


I’m already captivated by the views, and I haven’t even seen the art collection! What do you think? Would you visit? Have you been here yet?

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit this place! Looks like a UFO ready for take-off. Take us to your leader!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture looks like it should be an album cover for some Prog-Rock band.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diedre - I wrote about Niemeyer on his death nine years ago ... but didn't include this work in my post ... Another building I'd love to visit ... when I'd get to Brazil too! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? Join the conversation, comments welcome here!