One book leads to another...

Monday, March 19, 2018

April A -Z Challenge - Theme Reveal


Things We Appreciate

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all,”
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

It’s almost time for the Challenge that everyone has been talking – or at least, thinking - about since the last one! The (Blogging from) A –Z April 2018 Challenge begins on Sunday, April 1st, so there’s still time to sign up and help us break another participation record!

Check out how it all began and welcome to my Theme Reveal!


In light of the current communications climate, it’s easy to ascertain that it’s not just the weather that might be changing. While contemplating the upcoming A to Z challenge one day, a morning news show droned on in the background as I re-filled Hummingbird feeders at the sink. When the newscasters had not a single inspirational piece of information to offer in at least 15 minutes, I turned the TV off in disgust and flipped on the overhead sink light as a cloud parked in front of the sun. That’s when I was instantly inspired by the oddest, yet most rudimentary source:
I love kitchen sink lights!

As simple as that, I had been inspired by something I appreciated, something that made me smile. Additionally, I’m pleased to report that I’ve not lost a single fork or spoon to the disposal since installing the sink lighting. 
And here’s another light; which goes by several names, that gets a lot of appreciation around here: 


Has it ever come in handy for you? What do you call it?

See where I’m going with this? If I can appreciate even one thing every day of the month, I could be inspired all summer! Stop on by and add to my list as I participate in this year’s April A-Z Challenge!

Happy Blogging!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, diedre!

    I'm glad you saw the light, dear friend. :) I take it the theme of your A to Z run will be the sweet, simple things of life that you appreciate, things that make you smile. I will swing by whenever possible as you count your blessings throughout the month of April.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend diedre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady!

      I hope you do stop by to share the things you appreciate as well ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Diedre - sounds interesting to put it mildly ... looking forward to it - and yes negativity should be lost forever - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary!

      Thanks, and I couldn't agree more about squelching negativity.
      Just a peek tells me that your A-Z posts are going to be fascinating!

      Delete
  3. dIEDRE ~
    You've given me an idea:
    "A To Z: Boozin' Through The Alphabet" -- My 26 Favorite Forms Of Alcohol And How I Get Crocked By Them.

    Now THAT'S an A To Z theme I could really get excited about. Thanks for the idea, dIEDRE!

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reno!

      Ha! I thought you switched to ice cream ;-)
      Hey, you could kick it up a notch by adding a snack with each beverage!

      Delete
  4. Ahh, you've got a good memory!

    Yes, I DID switch to ice cream. But I became so boring that friends and family members asked me to go back to drinking again.

    Oh, well, I tried. How was I to know my bubbly personality was mostly... "bubbly"?

    ~ D-FensDogG
    Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the theme. AS far as the light I've always heard it called a trouble light. I keep one with a very long cord in my garage, but I rarely use it. I had a number of them in the warehouse I used to manage. They were handy for illuminating dark places where the overhead lighting didn't reach well. They are wonderful lights to have available in the event that you would need one.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee!

      Due, in part, to my husband's profession, we have several of those lights around. I thought the protective cage around the bulb pertained to the name Drop Light ;-)
      I'm looking forward to the challenge!

      Delete
  6. Hi diedre; Sounds like an interesting theme, involving life's simple pleasures. ☺ Hoping to stop by and read some of your entries. (I'm not doing the challenge this year.) Apologies for being absent so long. I've been off on a tangent...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie!

      Good to know you're well and happily into yet another exciting venture!
      Can't wait to see those photos ;-)

      Delete

Any thoughts? Join the conversation, comments welcome here!