One book leads to another...

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I is for Ironic




Lines of Inspiration

 Melodious expressions, Enduring Truisms

I

“It’s the good advice that you just didn’t take”

Song Title:  Ironic

Songwriter:  Alanis Morissette


Speaking of which,
Isn’t it ironic how the best laid plans sometimes just don’t work out? Not that I’m not usually busy enough in my workaday world, but we (the family) seem to have slipped into a veritable vortex of unfortunate events which (it more than pains me to say) render me quite unable to continue this year’s challenge with any confidence in achieving any semblance of blogging entertainment. Sorry, folks. That’s not to say I can’t or won’t still enjoy all the fantastic A to Z Challenge themes or the immensely interesting regular posts of friends and fellow bloggers! In fact, I may finally catch up on my visiting  ;-)
In the meantime, love openly, smile often, and hug your family daily, while you can.

So, how about that line? Does it call to mind a memory? Remind you of an irony? Are you familiar with the song or songwriter?

There’s a whole lotta blogging going on right here!

16 comments:

  1. Hi, diedre!

    I am very sorry to learn that unfortunate events are unfolding behind the scenes and, if I am understanding you, making it necessary for you to drop out of this year's grueling A to Z Challenge. Real life and family always come first. Blogging is a spare time thing, an opportunity to share a part of ourselves, build friendships, learn and teach. Your posts are always entertaining and informative and I remain committed to you if you do decide to finish the race, but taking care of yourself and family should be your priority and clearly you are making a wise decision.

    Be well, dear friend diedre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dIEDRE, I hope things work out well for y'all and soon.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diedre - these things happen - take care, do what you need to do .. and we'll see you when we can and when you are able to reappear ...

    Cheers and with lots of thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real life before blogging - always. I'm sorry you're having difficulties, diedre and hope things will get better soon, for you and your family. No matter what, your true fans and friends will always be here for you. Whenever you're ready, that is. Take care and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I'll catch up with your blog soon as I can.

      Delete
  5. I hope all goes well for you and your family. I will say a prayer for you.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Familiar with all of jet above. Sad you are out, but hoping only the best for you and yours.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. Best wishes for lots of fun in the challenge.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith. I'll check in with you and Arthur soon.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your situation, but hopefully it's all meant to work out for the best. You can still take your time and finish at your own pace--or not.

    So much good advice I was given throughout my life that I refused to heed--usually out of outright stubbornness. My daughters used to love that song and the Morrissette album.

    Take care!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out: It's About Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arlee.
      Finish at my own pace? Really? It makes me ever more anxious to get on back ;-)

      Delete

Any thoughts? Join the conversation, comments welcome here!