One book leads to another...

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Quality Time



Happy National Author’s Month! While many of us may not be reading that epic novel, in honor or National Novel and Memoir Writing Month,  we may well have honed our amazing writing skills on any of the many great resources offered by the Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by Alex Cavanaugh, right here and right now on this first Wednesday of the month, when IWSG members convene through blogging, Facebook, and Twitter to talk about whatever is on our writing minds and agendas. See what we’re all talking about here.

And while you’re at it, check out our awesome Co-Hosts:

Did you take part in the IWSG 2017 Anthology contest? In a rare moment of capriciousness, I decided to sign up. And now I’m actually reveling in not being consumed by all that I left on the bank of the creek, which did indeed rise, while I was away indulging my inner-rebel by spending most of the last several weeks – writing! Such a time I had on a daring whim, that I remain undaunted by all that awaits my attention ;-) And today as I soar as a windswept cloud, stretching as if after slumber, I realize how precious are moments stolen and pleasing the gifts, if ever so few, for having observed at all. Every second, every word, and every day was and is well-worth the experience. Thank you, IWSG!

OPTIONAL IWSG Day Question: Win or not, do you usually finish your NaNo project? Have any of them gone on to be published?

Hmm. Well, about that. I’ve never once attempted a NaNo project for fear I’d break a promise to myself. I plan to, one day, complete a project of this proportion. But the dream will have to wait a little while longer ;-) 


Happy Writing!


“There was a young lady named Bright, who could travel much faster than light. She started one day, in a relative way, and came back on the previous night”.  ~ Anonymous

18 comments:

  1. Hi, diedre!

    I am very happy to see you again, dear friend! If those are your replies there in italicized text then I am excited to learn that your creative juices are flowing onto paper and that you are experiencing joy and satisfaction from it. Write till you get it right.

    Happy November, dear friend diedre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady!
      Good to see you too! And yes, it's me. Sorry if that wasn't clear;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Congrats on entering the contest, and best of luck. Sounds like you enjoyed the process, and that's a good start.

    As for NaNo? It may be more effective for you to go into it with no promises to yourself. I know that I get a huge spur from that little chart that shows how my words are piling up (hopefully not a stinky pile, but...). Your results may differ, of course!
    —Rebecca
    My IWSG Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca!
      An editor once told me to disregard word-count and write. Like you, I continue to track every word like little pebbles of progress ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Diedre - love the limerick ... and good luck with your entry into the contest for the Anthology ...

    Writing - we all do in our way don't we ... I couldn't do NaNo ... but admire those that do ... so I'll join your 'plan to' list! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary!
      I thought the limerick was brilliant and wondered why the author wouldn't have claimed it ;-)
      Yes, we writers all have - and need - our own pace. And while challenges are fun, I'm afraid I'd be left at the gate in a NaNo contest. For now, I'll just cheer from the sidelines.

      Delete
  4. And glad you soared! Thanks again for entering. And for being a part of this group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex!
      Oh, so am I! Thank you - and everyone - for the inspiration ;-)

      Delete
  5. HI diedre; It sounds like your muse is all fired up! ☺ Best of luck in the contest! NaNoWriMo sounds pretty daunting - even more than the A to Z Challenge. "Plan to" someday, is a good idea, methinks. (Or not.) Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie!
      I'd nearly forgotten how wonderfully absorbing the writing process can be - can you believe that? It was the most enjoyable thing I've done for myself all year! I look forward to blogging again, once I've tied up a few loose ends ;-)
      I'll be by to see you soon!

      Delete
  6. Best wishes on your entry for the anthology. Loved the limerick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane!
      Thank you, I really enjoyed (and needed) the exercise ;-)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on entering the contest. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tonja!
      My schedule as it is made finishing the project quite an accomplishment. I'm feeling rather triumphant about that ;-)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on entering the contest. I wish you well with it, but no matter what, the achievement of the accomplishment is its own reward.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! The accomplishment alone is enough to keep me beaming for the next six months - or, at least until the next A to Z Challenge ;-)

      Delete
  9. Good for you for entering the contest. My fingers are crossed for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrys!
      Aw, thanks ;-) You sure are keeping busy - good luck to you and your mom!

      Delete

Any thoughts? Join the conversation, comments welcome here!